This position is responsible for providing direct patient care to our medical clinic’s patients and supporting the Medical Director/Staff Physician as needed.
Pay and Benefits:
This is a part time position. Salary based on $48/hour.
White Bird Medical Clinic is a participant in the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.
- Provide direct patient care as directed by the Clinic’s Medical Director.
- Perform routine duties including, but not limited to histories, physicals, ordering of diagnostic tests and medications
- Complete primary care visits and determine, establish and administer an overall treatment plan for patients and chronically ill clients
- Participate in clinical care coordination, consults, and case management with members of the integrated primary care-behavioral health team
- Provide appropriate medical records documentation in a consistent and timely manner on all patients in accordance with policy
- Be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures, policies and materials affecting the Medical Clinic and its patients
- Possess ability and willingness to work in an EMR (electronic) environment and to meet or exceed the documentation requirements required to meet Meaningful Use and other clinical quality benchmarks required by any and all of our grant funders and clinic accepted initiatives
- Current unrestricted Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) License with prescriptive privileges
- Ability to be approved by the clinic’s Professional Liability Insurance provider.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as an NP in a primary care setting
- Ability to work with a wide range of patients including low/no income, and homeless adults
- Working knowledge of state health care laws and licensing board regulations
- Willingness to participate in continuing education
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills. The ability to send and receive email, write documents in MS Word, look up information on the internet, and use the EHR system
- Maintain current BLS and complete annual blood borne pathogen training
- A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Minimum two years experience in a medical practice.
- Experience working in a consensus environment
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3 month probationary period.
To apply to this job, please email your cover letter and resume to our program coordinator, Renae Myers, at renaehalina at whitebirdclinic dot org.
Posted 5 January 2016