A member of the Front Room Team, this position manages reception or Lobby Buckstopper duties for the White Bird Programs at 341 and 323 East 12th, and coordinates program activities which include training responsibilities.
19 hours per week.
Pay and Benefits:
$15 per hour plus paid sick, vacation and holidays.
- One year experience at White Bird Clinic and at least one year in office reception duties in an office setting
- Experience in program and staff oversight
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stay calm, kind, non-judgmental with a variety of vulnerable clients
- No conviction for predatory crime
- Complete CPR and First Aid training within one month of hire
- Comply with confidentiality and HIPAA policies
- Able to manage telephones, computer data input, collect statistics daily
- A sense of Humor
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
1. Initial point of contact for suggestions, complaints, outside coordination and other intra- and inter-agency communication
2. Triage client needs, offer appropriate Front Rooms resource or refer to other department or outside agency
3. Gather, maintain and provide human services information and referral resources, including the brochure rack
4. Manage mail and message services including registration, sorting, forwarding, returning and receiving
5. Manage eyeglass voucher program including registration, voucher distribution, monthly check-ins and provider follow-up
6. Receive and receipt donations
7. Share the responsibility for keeping the front rooms tidy
8. Provide phone and walk-in reception for the Admin Team
9. Provide phone and walk-in reception for clients receiving services from Crisis, Counseling, SHOP, Homeless Case Management, and CAHOOTS
10. Manage Front Rooms scheduling and provide back-up when needed
11. Keep service statistics and provide service statistic reports
12. Attend weekly Front Rooms Team, Program Coordinator and Community meetings
13. Complete Clinic-wide Orientation
This position has a probation period of 6 months.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.