Part-time to full-time depending on candidate needs
Pay and Benefits:
$18.00 an hour. Benefits: Paid sick, vacation and holidays. Eligible for insurance at 30 hours/week or higher.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 180+ hourly employees using Paychex, including garnishments, benefits and taxes according to federal and state wage and hour regulations.
- Work with Program Coordinators to ensure all timecards are approved and accurate.
- Assist with new employee set-up as well as changes to existing employee positions, pay, etc.
- Help answer general payroll inquiries from employees.
- Audit a mixture of pay codes with corresponding workers’ compensation codes.
- Audit vacation and sick time accruals.
- Prepare and/or create payroll-related reports as needed.
- Support daily operations of the accounting department.
- Duties related to non profit fiscal management of grants and contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience processing payroll in a medium to large company.
- Familiarity with Paychex Flex payroll system.
- General accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP.
- Non profit industry and grant accounting experience helpful.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining composure.
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Wage & Hour law knowledge helpful.
- Experience processing garnishments, preferably in Oregon.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; very organized; high attention to detail.
- Willingness to embrace change and learn new skills, tools and technology.
- Flexible and adaptable.
You can apply online by filing out the form below or you can download the application packet here and mail it in.
Instructions: Please read job description and summary of the history of White Bird Clinic, then complete this application and submit it to the Clinic by the advertised deadline. Please be sure that you have answered all pertinent questions. Feel free to attach copies of your resume or vita and cover letters, if you wish.