White Bird Clinic is a collective environment organized to enable people to gain control of their social, emotional, and physical well-being through direct service, education, and community. Our Medical Clinic is one branch of a larger nonprofit organization alongside dental care, counseling, crisis services, and more. We are a Primary Care Medical Home serving some of Eugene’s most vulnerable populations. We have a diverse group of patients including people with substance use diagnoses, chronic conditions, mental health diagnoses, trauma history, and social and behavioral barriers to care. We are looking for someone who is experienced with our population and comfortable diagnosing and treating patients with comorbid conditions.
This position is responsible for providing direct patient care to our medical clinic’s patients and supporting the Medical Director/Staff Physician as needed.
To apply for this position, email your CV and coverletter to olive at White Bird Clinic dot org.
Pay and Benefits: This position is being hired for up to 0.5 FTE, and the salary is equivalent to $48/hr. This position is eligible for student loan repayment through the National Health Services Corps.
1. Provide direct patient care as directed by the Clinic’s Medical Director. Assess, evaluate, diagnose, prescribe, and follow up with Clinic’s mental health patients.
2. Review lab results and process medication refill requests as directed by the Clinic’s Medical Director / Staff Physician.
3. Maintain charts to ensure quality of patient records including training as needed to effectively use our NextGen EHR system.
4. Assist Front Office Reception staff in answering patients’ medical questions.
5. Cover for the Staff Physician in case of illness, vacation, or scheduled training within scope of practice.
6. Participate in weekly care coordination meeting with other medical and mental health providers.
1. Current Oregon License or Certification for Nurse Practitioner
2. Current DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certificate
3. Ability to be approved by the clinic’s Professional Liability Insurance provider.
4. Ability to work with a wide range of clients including low/no income, homeless adults, and other diverse populations.
5. Willingness to participate in continuing education.
6. A SENSE OF HUMOR!!
1. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
2. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
3. Minimum two years experience in a medical practice.
4. Experience working in a consensus environment.
NOTE: All positions at White Bird Clinic have a minimum 3-month probationary period.